Porridge / Oatmeal. As a child, cold winter mornings would Steel-cut oatmeal and rolled oats look very different from each other, for steel-cut means the oats. Sure, we all basically know what porridge looks like, but what is porridge, exactly? And what is the difference between porridge and oatmeal?
Porridge is named according to the ingredients used in the preparation. Oats porridge is one porridge I had a dislike for a long time. It was one food which was given to me twice or thrice every day as a toddler and even later. You can have Porridge / Oatmeal using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Porridge / Oatmeal
- It’s 1 of cup de flocons d'avoine.
- It’s 1 of cup d'eau bouillante.
- You need 1 cuillère à soupe of beurre de cacahuète.
- It’s 1 of carré de chocolat noir.
- You need 1 cuillère à café of cannelle.
Sometimes too much of anything does more. Simple porridge made with oats and sweetened with Dates instead of refined white Sugar. Ignorance is bliss, most of the times. In North America, oatmeal means any crushed oats, rolled oats, or cut oats used in recipes such as oatmeal cookies.
Porridge / Oatmeal step by step
- Dans un bol, mettre les flocons d'avoine, la cannelle et le carré de chocolat..
- Faire bouillir l'eau et l'ajouter aux flocons d'avoine..
- Ajouter le beurre de cacahuète et mélanger..
Oat and semolina porridge are in many countries the most popular varieties. This recipe for oat porridge is a favorite all over the Caribbean. With sweet or savory toppings, it's a versatile dish with high nutritional value. Oatmeal is a type of coarse flour made of hulled oat grains (groats) that have either been milled (ground) or steel-cut, or else it refers to rolled oats. Ground oats are also called "white oats".