Porridge / Oatmeal. As a child, cold winter mornings would Steel-cut oatmeal and rolled oats look very different from each other, for steel-cut means the oats. Oatmeal is a type of porridge made from ground, rolled, or flattened oats. The bran is removed from ground oats to make oatmeal.
Oats porridge is one porridge I had a dislike for a long time. It was one food which was given to me twice or thrice every day as a toddler and even later. Sure, we all basically know what porridge looks like, but what is porridge, exactly? You can have Porridge / Oatmeal using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Porridge / Oatmeal
- It’s 1 of cup de flocons d'avoine.
- You need 1 of cup d'eau bouillante.
- It’s 1 cuillère à soupe of beurre de cacahuète.
- Prepare 1 of carré de chocolat noir.
- Prepare 1 cuillère à café of cannelle.
And what is the difference between porridge and oatmeal? In North America, oatmeal means any crushed oats, rolled oats, or cut oats used in recipes such as oatmeal cookies. Oat and semolina porridge are in many countries the most popular varieties. Simple porridge made with oats and sweetened with Dates instead of refined white Sugar.
Porridge / Oatmeal step by step
- Dans un bol, mettre les flocons d'avoine, la cannelle et le carré de chocolat..
- Faire bouillir l'eau et l'ajouter aux flocons d'avoine..
- Ajouter le beurre de cacahuète et mélanger..
Ignorance is bliss, most of the times. This recipe for oat porridge is a favorite all over the Caribbean. With sweet or savory toppings, it's a versatile dish with high nutritional value. Oatmeal is a type of coarse flour made of hulled oat grains (groats) that have either been milled (ground) or steel-cut, or else it refers to rolled oats. Ground oats are also called "white oats".